scrollkeeper/rarian

Hello,
I'm trying to package some manual with a package of mine (of which I'm
also upstream), and I'm having big (and unexpected) problems in
installing it correctly.

Basically, I have the manual files, and then the omf, which, when
installed correctly, work fine.

However, in the .omf file the path of the manual must be insterted.

Now, as upstream I have no problem in doing it in the setup.py. But as
packager, this doesn't solve my problem, since setup.py will get as path
the "fake" one.

I've read at [0] that scrollkeeper-preinstall should take care of that.
Then I found dh_scrollkeeper... and discovered it's obsoleted by rarian,
which for being a system of managing documentation seems to be really
short of it.

In the end: what to do?

I saw a package - Jokosher - patching the omfs at build time. I saw many
other packages use complex - and, I fear, obsolete - makefiles. I'd
really like to avoid both those.

thank you for any hint

Pietro Battiston

[0]: