Re: RFS: lesstif2 AND Questions about collab-maint

> Hi mentors,

Hi,

> Paul Gevers wrote:
> > I am looking for a thourough check of my packaging and preferably a
> > sponsor for the new version 1:0.95.2-1 of my package "lesstif2" [0].
> > This new upstream version is only the incorporation of a lot of patches
> > already incorporated in the current version of lesstif2 in Debian.
>
> Just one download of the package from mentors by a non-sponsor. I am
> still interested in reviews and comments. Of course an upload would be
> great. At the moment I am unemployed and have the time to work on
> lesstif (upstream as well) but I prefer the 0.95.2 version to be in
> Debian to work from.

Since it seems you have put so much work and time into that package, I guess
you deserve at least an honest reply ;-)

I'm not familiar with the lesstif2 concepts and internals, which doesn't seem
to be trivial at all, so I wouldn't be able to properly review and upload, but
I think that, in general, before putting considerable amount of work into
whatever neglected or understaffed package, it is a good idea to sound the
interest and intentions of your prospective sponsors. That might eventually
avoid wasting sponsoree's own time. Otherwise, taking care of such packages is
very welcome, indeed, so I hope you find a proper sponsor!

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>