Re: RFS: pidgin-skype

On Tue, Nov 03 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:

> On Di, 03 Nov 2009, Don Armstrong wrote:
>> provide assurances that the SVG no longer exists at all. You probably
>> also should be generating the icons on the fly from the SVG using
>> inkscape as you build the package.
> What??? That is a joke, right?
> If everyone would start using inkscape for building icons that are pre-made
> then ... well, build-deps are exploding.

> I consider this wrong behaviour.

        No, it would be the right behaviour. Even of gcc, cpp, and ldd
 are huge, we do not complain about building non-source files while
 building binary packages.

> Finally to the OP: BTW, you have to cut out the brain of upstream
> and include a digitized version of it in your source, becasue that one
> is the preferred version of editing, and the real source.
> Guys you are getting ridicuolous.

        Actually, your posting is perhaps the only one that meets this
 criteria.  What is so wrong about insisting on the preferred form of

Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you
do it. Gandhi