Re: RFS: ffprobe (2nd try)

Hello Alessio,

Alessio Treglia wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "ffprobe".

Why do you copy scripts from tools/ to debian during build? You can install
them directly from tools.

As long as you package svn snapshot, you should include svn revision number in
the package name, the date is not enough, like '0-svn20091022+r89' or
'0-svn89', and update get-orig-source target accordingly.

Also, I'd suggest to demote dependencies on 'perl' and
'libstatistics-descriptive-perl' to Recommends and state in the long
description that they are needed for provided perl scripts.

Otherwise package looks good, fix above and I'll upload it.

C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer