RFS: windowlab (reintroduced package)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.37-1
of the package "windowlab".

It builds this binary packages:

windowlab  --  Small and simple Amiga-like window manager

The package appears to be lintian clean,
and was built cleanly in pbuilder on my machine.

The upload would fix these bugs: 545798 (ITP).

The package is present in Lenny, but has been
affected by an RM-bug, after being orphaned.

- Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
contrib non-free
- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/w/windowlab/windowlab_1.37-
1.dsc

This is a slim but powerful window manager.
For this release I have added a file "README.Debian"
that provides a fast route introduction to its usage.

Even if you do not consider the act of sponsoring
this package, it would be most useful to receive
an acknowledgement that you as an individual has
tried this package, be it to your liking, dismay,
or even more wellcome, that you succeded to crash
this window manager. I doubt that you would succeed,
after the different patches I have communicated
to the upstream author.

The new package improves on handling of signal
race conditions, and introduces a reload functionality.
Also it incorporates Windowlab into the xsession subsystem,
used by display managers xdm, gdm, and kdm.

Within a short period of time the upstream author
has jumped the release number three times. Two of
those are due to my patches. It is to be expected
that my third patch, included in the present package,
will be accepted by the upstream author since it
deals with an established problem and we do converse
as to its causes.

Therefore, the present version 1.37-1 is mostly intended
as a record keeper of the next release, since I am firmly
convinced that Debian GNU/Linux deserves to provide this
window manager, "suitable for a connoisseur"!

I would be most pleased if someone would upload this
package for me, but any message that you have tried
this window manager would also be highly wellcome,
so no strings are attached. Go ahead!

With best regards

 Mats Erik Andersson, PhD