Re: RFS: yajl (updated package)

> Dear mentors,

Hi,

> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.0.6+git20090925-1
> of my package "yajl".
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libyajl-dev - Yet Another JSON Library - development files
> libyajl-doc - Yet Another JSON Library - library documentation
> libyajl1 - Yet Another JSON Library
> libyajl1-dbg - Yet Another JSON Library - debugging symbols
> yajl-tools - Yet Another JSON Library - tools

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
>  contrib non-free - dget
>  http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/y/yajl/yajl_1.0.6+git20090925-1
> .dsc

Thanks for your work, but I don't see much of gain to upload a VCS snapshot,
which doesn't bring anything more than extending already existing enumeration
(yajl_gen.*). I also saw that one of your patches was accepted upstream, but
we already have that applied for the package currently found in sid, so that
does not make any difference with respect to uploading a new package to sid.
There are no any critical bugs nor appealing new features, so I doubt that
would worth buildd's time and users installing it as well. So, I think we
should wait for 1.0.6 release instead and be fairly conservative, which is a
good thing to do with library packages. Is that fine with you?

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>