Re: Question about a library that is not creating its *.so* files

[Muammar El Khatib]
> In most recent upstream version, when you compile it you will get this instead:
>
> libCEGUIBase-0.7.0.so
> libCEGUIBase.la
> libCEGUIBase.so

That looks fine.  If you look closely you will probably see that
libCEGUIBase.so is a symlink to libCEGUIBase-0.7.0.so.

> So I cannot understand,  Why this kind of stuff happen if the shared
> libraries are supposed to be created by default?

Run 'file' on those files, you'll see they are what they're supposed to be.

Then, just to make sure you're getting what you should be getting,
check the SONAMEs, make sure they match the *-0.7.0.so filenames.

And if indeed the SONAMEs have changed (as it appears they have), make
sure to update the binary package names and shlibs files accordingly.
And ask the debian-release list before uploading, since what you now
have on your hands is a library transition.

And see if it's possible to remove the .la files, as was discussed on
debian-devel awhile back.