Re: Updating irectories for python scripts.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 20:53, Mats Erik Andersson
<mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> in trying to revive a dormant package, I came across the
> desire of the previous maintainer to drop a python script
> into the directory
>
>     /usr/lib/site-python.
>
> According to present day policy that directory should be avoided.
> Bearing the tiwo common packages
>
>        python2.{4,5}-minimal
>
> in mind, which one of the replacement directories
>
>    /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
>
> and
>
>    /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/
>
> would be the better choice? The script itself used python2.1
> at earlier times.

mmmm, is this a script that the users are supposed to execute from the
terminal (like any other programs they have installed) or it's a
module?

if it's the former supposition, then /usr/bin is the right place
(without extensions) else use setup.py with distutils/setuptools and
python-support, and they'll do the right.