Re: NMU upload for gdesklets

:zufus wrote:
:
:> there is a sonsoring request for an NMU on gdesklets:
:>
:> http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-
pkglist?action=details;package=gdesklets
:>
:> I was wondering if is it OK to upload it as it fixes an RC bug (in case,
:> I can sponsor the upload) or if there are some work in progress on this
:> package, and in this case, it might be better to wait (for example to
:> fix some of the 168 lintian warnings).

Look at this
http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php?bydist=squeeze&sortby=srcpackages&ignhinted=on&ignclaimed=on&ignnew=on&ignsec=on&ignpending=on&ignpatch=on&ignmerged=on&igncontrib=on&ignnonfree=on&ignbritney=on&ignotherfixed=on&fullcomment=on&new=450&refresh=1800
 and explain me why _that_ many packages are horribly outdated with RC bugs. I
thought fixing some more popular packages is more important than cleaning
lintian warnings which is by my understanding the job of the maintainer and I
find my time wasted if I did this instead of fixing other urgent RC bugs.

:
:Treat it as if you were doing the NMU yourself.
:
:So....
:
:The note was only posted to the bug yesterday and it didn't include the
:patch which it should have done! Karl needs to fix that.

If you read the changelog, the only thing I did was dropping the dependency as
previously stated (and confirmed by me) in this bug report!
:
:The package doesn't appear to be low-NMU so you should wait a few days.
:
:Then, if no response upload to delayed and post a deb-diff of the NMU to the
:bug.

Regards,

Ferdinand