Re: RFS: libvigraimpex (updated package)

> * George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net>, 2009-09-05, 11:40:
>
>>http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libvigraimpex/libvigraimpex_1.6.0-2.dsc
> [...]
> >Unfortunately, I will get a chance to work on that package possibly during
the
> >next weekend, since I'm currently busy taking care of nasty RC-bugs in some
of
> >my packages (RC always gets higher priority). Hopefully, another sponsor
could
> >take care of that before I'm able to, but your valuable work won't be left
> >unaddressed. Thanks!
>
> In the meantime, I uploaded a slightly modified version, which:
> - adds build-time dependency on dpkg-dev (>= 1.15.3~);
> - adds support for kfreebsd-amd64 architecture in the symbols file.

Okay, I finally had some time to have a look into the symbols deprecation types
concept introduced in #521551.

Package uploaded.

Some suggestions, you might want to address in the next versions:

* 'copy-all-remove-some' processing is best to be avoided, i.e.:
you want:
        dh install -XLICENSE.txt
instead of:
        dh install
        rm -f debian/*/usr/share/doc/*/html/LICENSE.txt

* if you manage to convince upstream that they need a text version of their
changelog, then the pipe horror of lynx.cur|sed|tail|cut would be avoided, and
lynx-cur dropped as a build-dependency as well.

I volunteer to build and test openoffice.org on amd64 against new upstream
releases of that library (sure, we have symbols support, but that can't catch
deviations in function semantic and the like).

Thanks!

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>