Re: RFS: gerix-wifi-cracker-ng

Pietro Battiston wrote:
> I don't pretend to be a packaging guru, but I have the slight impression
> that your package is lintian clean thanks to some bug in lintian:
>
> - version is 1.0.0 ... and it is not a native package. But moreover, it
> seems like on the original page (which is
> http://backtrack.it/~emgent/hackstuff/Gerix-Wifi-Cracker-NG/ , not just
> http://backtrack.it/~emgent/ ) there is no such version, just a "r20"
> which seems to be the version number. So I imagine your package should
> be something like r20-1.
>
> - if I was in you (and though I'm Italian!), I'd make some huge pressure
> on upstream to ask translation of README-DEV and changelog (and, why
> not, the funny project page) in English
>
> - debian/changelog seems to have some big problem... you don't mention
> the number of the ITP bug (is there one?)
>
> - if you run "lintian -p gerix-wifi-cracker-ng_1.0.0_amd64.changes" it
> dies horribly (this is probably not your fault, but I think it explains
> why the above went undetected!)
>
> ciao
>
> Pietro
>
> Il giorno mer, 02/09/2009 alle 16.26 +0200, Alice Ferrazzi ha scritto:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gerix-wifi-cracker-ng".
>
> * Package name    : gerix-wifi-cracker-ng
>   Version         : 1.0.0
>   Upstream Author : Emanuele Gentili
> * URL             : http://backtrack.it/~emgent/
> * License         : GPL
>   Section         : x11
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> gerix-wifi-cracker-ng - aicrack-NG GUI with pyrit support on cracking

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gerix-wifi-cracker-ng/gerix-wifi-cracker-ng_1.0.0.dsc

> Kind regards
>  aliceinwire

the version 1.0.0 is accepted by the Upstream Author

--
   *alice ferrazzi*
CEO

*Drunk Geisha*
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=&hl=en>
		*Email:* jingcomics@email.it <mailto:jingcomics@email.it>
*IM:* aliceinwire (AIM)
*http://www.linkedin.com/in/aliceinwire*

See who we know in common <http://www.linkedin.com/e/wwk/44328377/>
Want a signature like this? <http://www.linkedin.com/e/sig/44328377/>

begin:vcard
fn:Alice Ferrazzi
n:Ferrazzi;Alice
email;internet:aliceinwire@gnumerica.org
tel;work:+39 3383932629
note;quoted-printable:Key fingerprint =3D 660B 821F A4E1 EA91 9F22  33DA 223A 9E8D A5FD 3B70=0D=0A=

x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
end:vcard