Re: Taking care of exising packages

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> It is never pointed out enough that the core packaging teams are
> seriously understaffed. Please, before uploading your pet package to
> the archive, consider joining one of the packaging teams looking for
> more maintainers: eglibc, Mozilla, KDE, GNOME, Xfce, Utopia, Apache,
> Kernel… we all need help from more maintainers, and you don’t
> necessarily have to be an experienced developer to help.

Perhaps a good way to point it out on an ongoing basis would be a
central clearing house for “specific teams that a newcomer should
consider joining”. Is there such a list (and where is it maintained)?
Would such a list even make sense?

--
 \       “When I was little, my grandfather used to make me stand in a |
  `\   closet for five minutes without moving. He said it was elevator |