Re: RFS: khdrecord

Ralf Eleven wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "khdrecord".
>
> * Package name    : khdrecord
>   Version         : 0.8.0-2
>   Upstream Author : [fill in name and email of upstream]
> * URL             : [fill in URL of upstreams web site]
> * License         : [fill in]
>   Section         : sound
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> khdrecord  - record audio files directly from audio input to the hard drive wi

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/k/khdrecord/khdrecord_0.8.0-2.dsc

> Kind regards
>  Ralf Eleven

Hi,
Unfortunately I'm not a Debian developer so I can't sponsor you.
Please fill in the blank fields (Version, Upstream Author, URL and
License) with the relevant information. The source tarball should be
called khdrecord_0.8.0.orig.tar.gz not khdrecord_0.8.0-2.tar.gz, unless
it's meant to be a native package. Native packages are software that's
written specifically for Debian, but from the looks of software.jodda.de
the binary was compiled on Suse, so it's not Debian specific.

Please remove any comments from debian/rules and also consider using
something like dh(1) to simplify debian/rules. Even if you don't use
dh(1) or similar, the cp commands could still be changed to use
dh_install (and packagename.install files).

I think you might need some more build dependencies or something, as on
a Debian sid system running Openbox, I get

echo "Environment variable QTDIR is not set"
Environment variable QTDIR is not set
echo "QTDIR must point to the QT development system"
QTDIR must point to the QT development system
stop_compilation
make[1]: stop_compilation: Command not found

I've tried setting QTDIR to both /usr/share/qt3 and /usr/share/qt4. Do I
perhaps need KDE to build?

I suggest installing Debian sid (unstable) in a chroot, either manually
or with pbuilder and test building your packages from in there. If you
need help with setting this up just ask here.

Also, the current standards version 3.8.2 not 3.7.3.

In debian/README.Debian either add some relevant notes or delete the file.

In debian/changelog you need to add an asterisk (*) in front of the
second line of 0.8.0-1. Also you need to replace #nnnn with the number
of your ITP bug (#174713). You'll also need to remove '<nnnn is the bug
number of your ITP>'.

In debian/copyright please remove the two bottom-most lines which are
just comments.

Also in debian/copyright maybe change the (c) 2008 to (c) 2009.

Although I can't seem to build your package, m.d.n (mentors.debian.net)
also reports the native package (wrong name of source tarball) warning.

- --
Thanks
Harry Rickards <hrickards@l33tmyst.com>

GPG Key Info: