[Fwd: Re: Denemo]

Hello,
the situation of the package denemo is perfectly described in the
following:

Notice that today if a Debian user wants to use denemo, the best thing
to do is certainly to use the package at [1], as far as:
- you use i386
- you don't care about installing a binary package without source,
poorly packaged (several lintian errors) and not provided by any
repository

Moving from that sad situation (on a quite popular package - > 500
popcon reports - in particular considering that being the version
distributed with debian so obsolete and the upstream debs packages very
recent, probably lot of people just install from source), I wanted to
update the existing package to last denemo version, 1.8.6. In the
attached email, sent to the current maintainer, I explain the details.
The short mail from Gunter was the answer to my precedent (14 days
before's) email asking "may I ask you to comment on the bug report
#513285 ?".

Since I didn't receive an answer from Gunter to the forwarded email
(after 15 days), I'm resending here to get some enlightenment. I'm
afraid NMU is not the key word here, since I'm changing version and
packaging tools (however, doing a NMU that doesn't bring in last
upstream version would be pointless, and I personally won't learn CDBS).

Just to be clear, I don't want to blame Gunter for anything: he's just
busy, stop. I just want denemo in debian, so I'm asking "what to do?".

thanks

Pietro Battiston