Re: Convert HTML Table into man pages

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 18:41:28 +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
> >   I need to generate a man page for KWStyle the only available
> > documentation is in HTML:
> >
> > http://public.kitware.com/KWStyle/documentation.htm
> >
> >   Is there a way to turn this HTML table into something 'nice' as a man
> > page ?
>
> Of course. xsltproc can process XML as well as HTML. Write an
> XSLT stylesheet, which processes the HTML page and outputs
> a text document (your manual page).
>
> Should be pretty easy to do, if you have some XSLT knowledge.

This is true only if HTML is well-formed XHTML.
To use xsltproc you have to get a code which follow a least
XML requirements :

  - each element must be opened and closed,
  - each attribut must follow the template attrib_name="value".

Best regards,
Laurent

--
Laurent Guignard, Registered as user #301590 with the Linux Counter
Site : http://www.famille-guignard.org