Packaging kakadu (JPEG 2000) binaries

Hi there,

 I'd like to package kakadu (JPEG 2000) software as current open source implementation lacks some of its functionalities (OpenJPEG / Jasper).
 I am reading the copyright:

http://www.kakadusoftware.com/Downloads.html

You are free to play around with these executables and even to re-distribute them, so long as such use or re-distribution is accompanied this copyright notice and is not for commercial gain. Note: Binaries can only be used for non-commercial purposes. If in doubt please contact Dr. Taubman. ...

 Which means this cannot be a non-free, but at best a contrib package, with a postinst rule that wget the binaries.

 Am I right ?

Thanks
--
Mathieu

For anyone interested, here is what I am currently using:
http://gdcm.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gdcm/Sandbox/Activiz/package_kakadu.sh?view=markup