Re: different debian/symbols for 32 and 64 bit system?

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Jaromír Mikeš<mira.mikes@seznam.cz> wrote:

> I am not sure if I understand well your question.
> I've change nothing consciously I create new symbols file ... there were no one before my upgrade.
> Maybe you can point me somewhere to help me understand.

Please read libpkg-guide and its two bug reports.

I looked at your symbols files and saw lots of lines starting with
#MISSING:. This indicates that some symbols have dissappeared from
your library at some stage in the history of that symbols file. That
means that the ABI changed without a corresponding change in the
SONAME. This can be an RC bug in some situations (when the symbol is
part of the public ABI, but not when it should never have been public
in the first place).

http://bugs.debian.org/525782

--
bye,