Re: Help with svn-buildpackage

Le Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 08:41:31PM +0800, Jason Heeris a écrit :

> I can manually create a tarballs directory in the repo, but then
> collaborators would have to manually check them out, and I'd have to
> have every single release in there for all revisions (otherwise, how
> will svn-buildpackage know  when building from an old tagged package
> version?). Is there a better way?

Hello Jason,

it seems that you are looking for ‘pristine-tar’. Using a repository where all
the sources are checked out as well as the pristine-tar delta, you can
regenerate a binary-identical tarball. Actually, this is implemented for git
repositories in the tool ‘git-buildpackage’. I know it is not Subversion, but
if you do not use the mergeWithUpstream mode of svn-buildpackage, it is an
alternative to really consider.

http://packages.debian.org/fr/sid/pristine-tar

--
Charles Plessy