Re: Generating lintian-overrides file?

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 08:52:30PM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Chow Loong Jin wrote:
>
> > You could, but I am not aware of any lintian tag specifying the version
> > of the package in it. Could you post the output of lintian exactly?
>
> Sorry, I think you misunderstood. Lintian complains about the file:
>
>     usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc6/lib/Cabal-1.6.0.3/ghc-6.10.3/Distribution/License.hi
>
> The hand generated lintian overrides file contains this:
>
>     libghc6-cabal-dev binary: extra-license-file usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc6/lib/Cabal-1.6.0.3/ghc-6.10.3/Distribution/License.hi
>
> However, every time the compiler version changes (6.10.3 above) or the
> package version number changes (1.6.0.3 above) I need to hand edit the
> overrides file.

The overrides file may contain a kind of wildcards at the start or end
of the information field - see section 2.4 of the Lintian documentation:

  Many tags can occur more than once (e.g. if the same error is found in
  more than one file). You can override a tag either completely by
  specifying its name (first line in the examples) or only one occurrence
  of it by specifying the additional info, too (second line in the
  examples). If you add an asterisk (*) at the start and/or end of the
  additional info, this will match arbitrary strings similar to the shell
  wildcard. Asterisks located at any other place in the info have no
  special meaning. This wildcard support was added in Lintian version
  2.0.0.

Thus, you could try something like:

libghc6-cabal-dev binary: extra-license-file */Distribution/License.hi

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
What would this sentence be like if it weren't self-referential?