Re: RFS: kernelcheck

"Master Kernel" <master.kernel.contact@gmail.com> wrote in message [🔎] 4A3CF0A0.1040007@gmail.com">news:[🔎] 4A3CF0A0.1040007@gmail.com...
Theoretically speaking, what if I found someone within the Debian community with a trusted identity who could package the program from source for me, and then upload it. Could I then remain anonymous as the upstream author? And is there a website for that? :)

The short answer is that we do not require knowing the real name of upstream authors.

If you are looking for a DD to package your software, you should file a RFP (Request For Package) bug on the wnpp pseudopackage. (On a Debian system run "reportbug wnpp", and follow the prompts.)

Be sure to mention in such a bug that you are the packages upstream maintainer. (Prospective packagers like to know that they will have a cooperative upstream mainatiner. )

In addition to that, in general, if you can find a packaging team that is related to your package, or a mailing list for a package group (like the debian-java list, for java packages), sending an email to said team/group might help you find a DD who may be interested in packaging your program.

If you would rather package yourself, and can find a willing sponsor, I see no reason why you could not use the sponsoring process. After all, Most sponsors have no evidence that the real-looking names of the sponorees are not also pseudonyms.