Re: RFS: segment

Rail Aliev <rail@i-rs.ru> writes:

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "segment".
>
> * Package name    : segment
>   Version         : 1.2.2~svn44-1
>   Upstream Author : Jarek Lipski <loomchild@rootnode.net>
> * URL             : http://segment.sourceforge.net/
> * License         : MIT
>   Section         : java
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libsegment-java - Rule based text splitting library

For this and the other RFS that you just sent, you should use the same
source package name as the binary package name when the source package
generates only one binary package.  You should do this even if upstream
calls the source package something else.  It makes many things in Debian
more straightforward and less confusing for users and software.