Re: Packaging data for a CGI

Peter Pentchev wrote:

> Look at some other packages; I believe the convention is to use
> /usr/share/<appname>.  In your case, if there is already stuff in
> /usr/share/hoogle/ for the hoogle-data package, you might pick
> /usr/share/hoogle/www/ or www-data/ or something like that for
> the CGI script's resources.

Sorry, I don't think I explained my self clearly enough.

The problem is that the CGI generates HTML which has links
which look like:

     /hoogle/hoogle.css
     /hoogle/hoogle.png
     /hoogle/hoogle.js

which the web client would interpret as:

    http://host-cgi-was-served-from/hoogle/hoogle.css

and so on. The obvious solution is to put them in /var/www/hoogle/
but this location seems to be discouraged by the policy manual.

I was wondering if there was another solution.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/