Re: Problem with dpkg-shlibdeps

> Hi,

> in a new upstream version which I'm working on, I get warnings from
> dpkg-shlibdeps which I don't understand. And I can't find a way to find
> out, so I'm asking here.
>
> The warnings are multiple occurrences of
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: binaries to analyze should already be installed in
> their package's directory.
>
> one for each binary in the 3 standard binary packages I build (none for
> a library so file).
>
> However, the files are already installed where they should be
> IMO. Running dh_shlibdeps with -v gives
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/texlive-base-binaries.substvars \
>   debian/texlive-base-binaries/usr/bin/mft \
>   debian/texlive-base-binaries/usr/bin/tcdialog \
>   debian/texlive-base-binaries/usr/bin/mpost \

Are you sure that these binaries are already installed in debian/<pkg>/ and
that dpkg-shlibdeps gets called after that, i.e. not before they are in place.
See Raphaël's comments on #518687.

> for the first package. Isn't that exactly where the files for the
> package texlive-base-binaries should be?
>
> What does dpkg-shlibdeps mean with that warning?

it means that dpkg-shlibdeps will print the above warning when analyzes
binaries outside of package's directory. Perhaps having to look for binaries
in  debian/<pkg>/ is more robust and well-defined than having to look for them
outside package directories. I'm guessing here.