Re: RFS: kabikaboo (lintian)

Hi George, thanks for the help.

I fixed these:
W: kabikaboo: readme-debian-contains-debmake-template
W: kabikaboo: copyright-lists-upstream-authors-with-dh_make-boilerplate
W: kabikaboo: copyright-contains-dh_make-todo-boilerplate
E: kabikaboo: description-starts-with-package-name
W: kabikaboo: extended-description-line-too-long
W: kabikaboo: unknown-section office
Replaced "office" with "text".

I am going to have to figure this manpage one out, but I think I can do
it on my own:
W: kabikaboo: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/kabikaboo

However I am unsure how to fix these two:
W: kabikaboo: new-package-should-close-itp-bug
W: kabikaboo: wrong-bug-number-in-closes l3:#nnnn

Could you give me some guidance on "new-package-should-close-itp-bug"
and "wrong-bug-number-in-closes l3:#nnnn"?  I read the documentation but
I'm unclear if I can submit a bug against my package if the package
isn't submitted yet... seems like a catch 22 to me!

thanks,
Dave Kerr

George Danchev wrote:
Hi,

Interesting && thoughtful presentation, which doesn't mean I'm ready to sponsor, but to look at it and give some comments you can start with:

You should always run lintian over your package. It is very good at explaining what made it unhappy and generally gives good pointers how to fix these. If you are in doubt how to properly fix these warnings and errors, you can always ask again here.