Re: Packaging:library packaging stuff

Just for the archives:

> >Unless you know that all libraries will change their ABI at the same
> >time, you should not put several libraries in the same package.

I talked with Urs Wolfer (one of the webkitkde people) about this.

Currently, kget can optionally be built using these libraries (obviously, it
isn't in Debian currently), but since the library is in KDE's "playground"
they won't care about API/ABI stability.  In the end, they plan to move the
libraries into to kdelibs and properly maintain them.

So I'll just keep the packaging as it is (so if anybody wants to play around
with the libs, they can), place a don't-move-to-testing RC bug as soon as it
enters sid and wait for the libraries to be moved to kdelibs when they won't
be my problem anymore)

(and perhaps the kpart will move to some officially released KDE component,
too, so I can just drop the source package alltogether ;-)

In the meantime, we have webkit enabled konqueror in Debian for those who
want to play with it.  (At least, we will have as soon as ftpmasters approve
it.  I'll continue to offer it on http://fortytwo.ch/debian/webkitkde until
then.)

cheers
-- vbi

--
Maybe Microsoft should start shipping a Knoppix
CD with Windows, for repair.