Packaging:library packaging stuff

Heyho!

I'm just trying to find my way towards a nice package with a library...

I'm packaging webkit's KDE bindings with the Konqueror kpart.

Mercurial:
	https://fortytwo.ch/hg/pkg-webkitkde

and the current packages (it's in NEW right now, targetted at experimental.)
	http://fortytwo.ch/debian/

Now I'm sure I'm doing things clumsily in several places, so your input
would be appreciated (cc:s, I'll try to look on the web archive but I'm not
subscribed.)

 * how can I build the dependencies of the -dev package in a sane way?  I'm
sure creating them by hand is not optimal.  (And I'm sure I've read at some
time how to refer to my own version properly for the dependency of lib-dev
-> lib, but I can't find it right now.)

 * after installing a KDE plug-in: is my guess correct that I can't really
call kbuildsyocca4 since it needs to be called as user, not root?

 * should I create a -dbg package?  I've just included the debugging info in
-dev right now since it's a small library, but I'm not quite sure.

 * How do I pass the right linker flags (-Wl,--as-needed?) through cmake to
the linker?  Whatever I tried so far, it was ignored and I get a few
warnings from dpkg-shlibdeps.  (This is more a question of style, since
they're libraries I'd expect a KDE user has installed in any case.)

cheers
-- vbi

--
Mit der Zeit vollbringen unsere Vorfahren immer ruhmreichere Taten.
		-- Wieslaw Brudzinzki (Katzenjammer)