Re: trouble with packaging

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Brendan Martens <shrift@gmail.com> wrote:
Sorry your getting this twice Daniel, realized I didn't reply to list.
Thanks for the reply. This is what my debian/rules file looks
like: http://pastebin.com/f135b3d42

Is it normal to have to manually edit the rules file to make it run make
install? The tweaks I tried on debian/rules was to uncomment the dh_install
line, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

dh_install just installs files in debian/install || debian/package.install

       $(MAKE) prefix=$(CURDIR)/debian/monit/usr install

This looks wrong to me, normally if you set prefix when you call ./configure you just want to set DESTDIR when invoking make install:

$(MAKE) install DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/monit

Daniel

--
Daniel Moerner <dmoerner@gmail.com>