Re: RFS: poco (updated package)

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs
<dmitrij.ledkov@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not a Debian Developer but I've met this one with one of my
> "upstreams" as well. The reasoning is very vague. My upstream has been
> keeping an ancient copy of zlib in their tree/releases just because
> it's *easier* for them to build on Windows. I did the crude way simply
> purged the library and tried building. It worked =D

Yuck, if the embedded copy of zlib is older than 2005, please get them
to upgrade to a newer version since there have been 4 security issues
(denial of service, arbitrary code execution) since then:

http://security-tracker.debian.net/tracker/source-package/zlib

Maybe this will help convince them to update it more often or split it
out so it is easy to update.

--
bye,
pabs