Re: RFS: libkiokudb-perl

Hi franck,

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 08:38:54PM +0200, franck wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "libkiokudb-perl".
>
> * Package name    : libkiokudb-perl
>   Version         : 0.27-1
>   Upstream Author : [fill in name and email of upstream]
> * URL             : [fill in URL of upstreams web site]
> * License         : [fill in]
>   Section         : perl

please fill those in above.

> It builds these binary packages:
> libkiokudb-perl - Object Graph storage engine

last time I checked (when you first clicked the "looking for sponsor"
button) these left the "generated by dh-make-perl" messages in
debian/{control,copyright}. These need to be removed. I haven't looked
at anything beyond that.

> The upload would fix these bugs: 524840

you don't own this ITP...have you talked to David about this?

>   main contrib non-free
> - dget
>   http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libkiokudb-perl/libkiokudb-perl_0.27-1.dsc

> Also, I've packaged the following dependencies:
> libdata-uuid-libuuid-perl
> (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libdata-uuid-libuuid-perl/)
> libhash-util-fieldhash-compat-perl
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libhash-util-fieldhash-compat-perl/()
> libmoosex-app-cmd-perl
> (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libmoosex-app-cmd-perl/)
> libmoosex-blessed-reconstruct-perl
> (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libmoosex-blessed-reconstruct-perl/)
> libmoosex-clone-perl
> (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libmoosex-clone-perl/)
> libmoosex-types-path-class-perl
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libmoosex-types-path-class-perl/)
> libmoosex-yaml-perl
> (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libmoosex-yaml-perl/)
> libsearch-gin-perl
> (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libsearch-gin-perl/)
> libsub-exporter-perl
> (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libsub-exporter-perl/)
> libtest-tempdir-perl
> (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libtest-tempdir-perl/)
> libyaml-libyaml-perl
> (http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libyaml-libyaml-perl/)

I already own an ITP (libyaml-libyaml-perl) for this package, and you
don't..please don't take other peoples packages. This is why we file
ITPs, to prevent duplicated work ;)

> libsub-exporter-perl is already packaged, so it's just an update.

you can't just update other peoples packages, and the only change in
the new version is a changed link to the git repo, so we chose not to
upload it. Of course, if there were a reason to upload it, you could
join the group and prepare an upload :).

Also, have you considered joining the debian perl group to work on
these packages? look it up on the debian wiki, we'd be happy to have
your help! (and we have sponsors too :))

--
Ryan Niebur