Re: RFS: krecipes (updated package)

2009/5/19 Matthias Julius <mdeb@julius-net.net>:
> Matthias Julius <mdeb@julius-net.net> writes:
>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.0~beta2-1
>> of my package "krecipes".
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> krecipes   - recipes manager for KDE
>> krecipes-data - recipes manager for KDE - data files
>> krecipes-doc - recipes manager for KDE - documentation
>>
>>  Krecipes is a KDE application designed to manage recipes. It can help you to
>>  do your shopping list, search through your recipes to find what you can do
>>  with available ingredients and a diet helper. It can also import or export
>>  recipes from files in various format (eg RecipeML or Meal-Master) or from
>>  databases.
>>
>> The package appears to be almost (see below) lintian clean.
>>
>> The upload would fix these bugs: 473367, 478030, 513860
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/k/krecipes/krecipes_1.0~beta2-1.dsc
>>
>> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>>
>> I have to give you some background information.  Maintainer for
>> krecipes is actually "Debian KDE Extras Team
>> <pkg-kde-extras@lists.alioth.debian.org>".  Unfortunately, this is list
>> is mostly dead except from forwarded messages from BTS or PTS.  A
>> number of mails I (and others) sent there got no response.
>>
>> Krecipes has not been maintained for over 2 years and the MIA team has
>> requested the removal of the only Uploader a couple of months ago
>> (#513860).  Therefore, I would consider krecipes effectively orphaned,
>> allthough not officially.  Are there any formal steps I should
>> undertake to take over maintainership for this package?
>
> I would really appreciate if someone could either help me to get my
> krecipes package into Debian.
>
> I am just not quite sure whether it is OK to hijack a package like
> that from an unresponsive packaging team.  Should I ask QA to orphan
> the package?
>
> Matthias

I'm not a DD, but I think the correct way is to ping MIA team about it
and then after 2 weeks time you ping them again and they do a little
chat and come up with a solutions usally in your favor. Try that,
cause they record stuff in wnpp and then you can go on and adopt
stuff.

i think the email was mia@debian.org but double check that
(Developer's Reference / New maintainer's guide one of them had a
chapter dealing with unresponsive developers.)

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),
Ледков Дмитрий Юрьевич