Re: Upload just to fix a watch file?

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Andrea Bolognani <eof@kiyuko.org> wrote:

> Since the upstream website has been redesigned, the watch file for one of my
> packages[1] has stopped working.
>
> The fix is a trivial one-line patch, so I was wondering if such a minor
> change could warrant a new upload.

No, however here are some other things you could consider doing:

Update the package for Standards-Version 3.8.1.

Look at the one bug mentioned in launchpad (you may consider it invalid though):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/beef/+bug/302898

Tell upstream about the spelling error:

http://lintian.debian.org/full/eof@kiyuko.org.html

Write a patch for the gcc warning on powerpc/s390 and send upstream:

https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=beef;ver=0.0.6-2;arch=powerpc;stamp=1205980460
https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=beef;ver=0.0.6-2;arch=s390;stamp=1205978679

Drop the Makefile patch and instead use make PREFIX=debian/beef/usr
MANDIR=..... DOCDIR=...

http://patch-tracking.debian.net/patch/misc/view/beef/0.0.6-2/Makefile

Write a test suite and send it upstream.

Write an article for debaday.debian.net about it.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise