Re: RFS (resent): libdumbnet

Hi Paul,

> > Upstream is dormant since I/2007 judging from the CVS graphs over
> > at SF.[3]
>
> In that case, please take over the upstream project:

that is a different matter that doesn't void my RFS. libdnet has quite a
number of reverse dependencies in the archive and is in good shape (our
bugtracker is effectively empty, and the upstream tracker doesn't contain
any serious issues either), so I think it would be beneficial to get a
recent version uploaded no matter what the upstream status is. nmap even
uses its own embedded copy of the library.

I'm willing to do maintainer work, i.e. sync bugs with the upstream tracker
(maybe he'll reappear one day) and keep the package free from compiler
errors on our release architectures (which is enough work in itself with
our lib renaming stunt), I'll even fix occasional bugs myself - but I can
tell you up front that I don't have enough time to kill to assume upstream
responsibility.

Would you please reconsider uploading the package?

Regards,

Jan