Re: RFS: wwwstat (adopted & updated)

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 01:37:47AM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2.0-5 of my
> package "wwwstat".  It's an adoption attempt, ITA: #519383.

Well, no reply, so let's try this again :)  The wwwstat package is a
simple Perl tool for analyzing Apache-style (well, NCSA-style or
whatever) logfiles, and providing various types of statistics.  Granted,
there are other packages that do that, but apparently people like this
simple and fast one, too, and even have it installed on their systems :)

The rest of the original request is still valid:

> It builds a single binary package:
> wwwstat    - httpd logfile analysis package
>
> The package has been tested with lintian and pbuilder.
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 519383

> dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/w/wwwstat/wwwstat_2.0-5.dsc

> Just for reference, here's my adoption changelog entry:
>
> wwwstat (2.0-5) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * New maintainer.  Closes: #519383
>   * Use quilt for patch management.
>   * Add a watchfile.
>   * Move debhelper from B-D-I to B-D - used in the "clean" target.
>   * Move the manual pages to separate files under debian/ instead of
>     creating them from a patch.
>   * Correct the copyright statements on the manual pages.
>   * Use wwwstat.manpages and do not pass -A to dh_installman.
>   * Fix a couple of hyphens in the oldlog2new.8 manual page.
>   * Add the Homepage, Vcs-Svn, and Vcs-Browser fields.
>   * Bump the debhelper compatibility version to 7:
>     - add misc:Depends to the binary package
>     - minimize the rules file using debhelper's override targets
>   * Bump Standards-Version to 3.8.1:
>     - add the README.source file mentioning the use of quilt
>   * Update the copyright file:
>     - convert it to the machine-parseable format
>     - add my copyright notice on the Debian packaging
>     - elaborate on the need to quote the package's LICENSE file verbatim;
>       wwwstat is licensed under the old Artistic license, not the one
>       included in common-licenses, so it must be spelled out in full
>     - remove the note about common-licenses
>   * Do not install the README file - it contains no useful info by itself.
>
>  -- Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>  Mon, 06 Apr 2009 01:17:11 +0300

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
When you are not looking at it, this sentence is in Spanish.