Re: include desktop file and icon

On Fri, 08 May 2009 22:51:57 +0200
Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew wrote:

> >> Thanks, I'll take a look at it.
> >> Do you also have an solution for the desktop file?
> >>

> > Again, you can use dh_install. desktop files belong
> > in /usr/share/applications/
> >

> I use cdbs....

Please don't use that as an excuse - CDBS has a bad reputation with
some people because of this kind of response.

I like CDBS, I use it myself, but I like CDBS because it does the right
thing - it doesn't necessarily show you what that right thing is,
however. You have to read the debhelper manpages and learn how to use
debhelper and then CDBS will do the right thing for you.

Look at the dh_install manpage and see how to create a file in debian/
that tells dh_install where to put the file. Take a look at the source
code of any package that uses CDBS and has a desktop file. gpe-expenses
is one.

--

Neil Williams