Re: pbuilder --build --binary-arch invokes 'build' target

Hello,

On Tue, 05 May 2009, Petr Pudlak wrote:
> The problem is that if pbuilder is invoked with --binary-arch, it still tries
> to build the whole project, including the documentation (indep). It looks to me as if the problem
> is with pbuilder (or with the tools it's invoking), but of course the problem
> might as well be my ignorance.

If you invoke "pbuilder --binary-arch" then it in turn invokes
"debian/rules binary-arch". So it looks as if your binary-arch target
is running the complete "build" target.

In the case of the "tex4ht" package I have chosen to create two
targets "build-arch" and "build-indep" which are invoked by the
appropriate "binary-*" targets. You can browse the SVN repo of the
debian directory of the tex4ht package on svn.debian.org
 http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/deb-maint/tex4ht/trunk/debian/rules
to see this.

Regards,

Kapil.