Still regarding the QA quest (was: Re: RFS: udav)

Hi, Paul.

As you read my message earlier, I think that it would be a good thing to
take this reply of yours to illustrate what I had in mind when I said
things of doing more extensive automated checks:

On May 03 2009, Paul Wise wrote:
> Some feedback based on the diff.gz:
(...)
> It might be a good idea to put an icon in the menu file. From the
> upstream screenshots it looks like they have one you could use.

This one could be automated, perhaps?

> Please add a FreeDesktop menu file too, otherwise udav will not be
> visible from the GNOME/LXDE menus.

This one too?

> ChangeLog.txt should be a parameter to dh_installchangelogs instead of
> in debian/docs.

This could be automated, couldn't this?

Also, please consider the following passage from the manpage of
dh_installchangelogs:

       An upstream changelog file may be specified as an option. If none
       is specified, a few common filenames are tried. (In compatibility
       level 7 and above.)

Hope this makes my idea a little clearer.

Thanks,