Lintian clean? (was: Re: RFS: mpview)

On lördagen den 2 maj 2009, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> 2009/5/2 Magnus Holmgren <holmgren@debian.org>:
> > On torsdagen den 26 mars 2009, Michal Čihař wrote:

> >> It does not:
> >>
> >> I: mpview source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
> >> W: mpview source: dh-clean-k-is-deprecated
> >> W: mpview source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.7.3 (current is 3.8.1)
> >
> > Hang on a second. When does mentors.d.n put "The package appears to be
> > lintian clean" in the RFS template? When lintian reports no errors or
> > warnings, or as soon as there are no errors?
>
> I think it's not running lintian at all, that text is just boilerplate
> which assumes mentees did run lintian.....

Of course; mentors.d.n doesn't build anything, for obvious reasons. Seems to
me that that assertion should be omitted until someone implements a step
where mentees have to confirm that they have indeed run lintian and that it
didn't report any errors or warnings.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@debian.org
Debian Developer