Re: RFS: dnshistory (updated package)

Here we go ...

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Matthias Julius <mdeb@julius-net.net> wrote:
>
>> I would really be grateful if someone could take a look at this
>> package and possibly upload it for me.
>
> You build-depend on libdb-dev, in sid that depends on libdb4.7-dev but
> the current dnshistory package is built against libdb4.6. Should you
> add another debian/NEWS entry about this? I'm not sure what to do in
> this situation, could you investigate?

As explained in another post this should not affect the user since the
database format has not changed.

> Only the above is a blocker, some other things you may want to look at:
>
> Please use $(QUILT_STAMPFN) instead of patch in debian/rules.
>
> Please make build-stamp depend on configure-stamp.
>
> ./configure gets run twice on my machine in pbuilder due to the above
> two issues.

Fixed.

> For some reason the mktime test in ./configure takes ages and a lot of
> CPU in pbuilder and then fails.

This should be fixed by running autoconf from the configure target.

> I get one dpkg-shlibdeps warning, please ask upstream to remove -lm
> from the link flags:
>
> dependency on libm.so.6 could be avoided if
> "debian/dnshistory/usr/bin/dnshistory" were not uselessly linked
> against it (they use none of its symbols).

I have not done anything about this.  How much harm does this actually
do?  At least this does not cause extra package dependancy because
libm comes with libc6.

> I get one lintian pedantic complaint:
>
> P: dnshistory: copyright-refers-to-symlink-license usr/share/common-licenses/GPL

This is fixed as well.

I think it might be appropriate to elevate this pedantic notice to
info level.

I would welcome if you could have a look at the new package which is
at the same location on mentors:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dnshistory/dnshistory_1.3-2.dsc

Matthias