Re: About symbol versioning, soname bumps and symbols files.

Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:

>> My questions are:
>> 1.) Is it fine to use symbol versioning like this to avoid bumping the soname or
>> is this crack? Does this approach have downsides?
>>
>> 2.) Why are *there* different versions of sctp_connectx (Base and VERS_1 being
>> and alias). I would have understood if there are two, VERS_1 and VERS_2.
>>
>> 3.) Should I just update the symbols file as shown above and not worry?

> Maybe you've already looked at them but just in case:
>
> http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html#id293373
> http://people.redhat.com/drepper/dsohowto.pdf

Hi Pau,

thanks for the pointers. I knew them before, even if my current problem has
braught me to reread those documents again.

Still, it doesn't quite answer my questions / concerns I have (or maybe I'm just
not reading carefully enough).

In any case, further advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?