Re: dch multi-maintainer mode

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:22:49PM +0200, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
> Neil Williams a écrit :
> >> Is it still allowed as per 3.8.1 policy to use multi maintainer style
> >> changelogs?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> And what was the prevous style of changelog allowed, by the way?

Originally, the debian changelog format was supposed to be "pluggable",
where people would write parsers for different changelog formats that would
extract the necessary information (package name, version, changed-by, etc)
from the changelog file.

As it turns out, the current standard format works entirely sufficiently,
and I doubt that anyone's ever used a different style, so that misfeature
has been removed and the standard format everyone uses is now the One True
And Only Format.

- Matt