Lintian question

Dear Mentors,

While looking at  http://lintian.debian.org/tags/gz-file-not-gzip.html
I noticed this lintian warning about my package ampache.

W gz-file-not-gzip

"The given file ends with .gz, which normally indicates it is compressed
with gzip. However, it doesn't seem to be a gzip-compressed file. gzip
will fail with an error on such files. Normally this indicates a mistake
in the installation process of the package."

        Severity: normal, Certainty: possible

The file that lintian is complaining about is

usr/share/ampache/www/modules/getid3/module.archive.gzip.php

As you can see the file clearly does not end with .gz but instead it
ends in php.  This file is not compressed with gzip but instead adds
gzip functionality to the app.

Is this a bug with Lintian as it is clearly reporting a false positive?

Would an override of this Lintian warning be appropriate?

Or both?

Thanks
Charlie Smotherman
porthose