Package name: mongodb
License: Apache 2
Short description: an object/document-oriented database
.deb available at http://downloads.mongodb.org/linux/mongodb_0.9.1-1_i386.deb
MongoDB is a high-performance, open source, schema-free
document-oriented data store that's easy to deploy, manage and use.
It's network accessible, written in C++ and offers the following
* Collection oriented storage - easy storage of object-style data
* Full index support, including on inner objects
* Query profiling
* Replication and fail-over support
* Efficient storage of binary data including large objects (e.g. videos)
* Auto-sharding for cloud-level scalability (Q209)
High performance, scalability, and reasonable depth of functionality
are the goals for the project. Deep transaction support is not a goal
of the system.
There are drivers available for Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, C++, and even
Factor and Erlang!
There is more information at www.mongodb.org.
I've filed an intent-to-package bug with wnpp
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=523937), and I need
a sponsor. Please let me know if anyone is interested. This is the
first package I've ever done, so I'd appreciate any and all feedback!