Re: ITR: xf86-input-tslib (updated package)

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 13:42:54 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:43:08 +0800
> Wen-Yen Chuang <caleb@calno.com> wrote:
>
> > The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
> > - - - dget
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xf86-input-tslib/xf86-input-tslib_0.0.5-7.dsc

That glitch at mentors.debian.net is over and the package looks OK.

Just one thing, once bugs have been successfully merged, you don't need
to specify both bugs in the changelog or .changes etc. Specify the one
that is most relevant - decide *that* based on the one with a title that
best suits the actual fix, the one with the most comments, the one with
the patch or the one that was reported first, etc. The BTS then sends
everything to both. I don't need the package changed just for that - a
duplicate .changes in one or both isn't that much of a problem. (The
BTS may even handle this itself.) The description of the change itself
is a little brief though, especially as the change in the relevant
patch is more than would appear from the changelog description. It
wouldn't hurt to be a little more verbose in the changelog in future.
For now, just add some comments to one of the bug reports, just briefly
describing what you changed in the patch to fix the bug and why.

I'll do some testing on my touchscreen and then a few other tests before
uploading. Should be later on today.

--

Neil Williams