Re: RFS: magicfilter (QA update of the package)

Dear Matthew,

(Sorry this is being sent as a CC, but it is both a reply to the list
and a continuation of some private e-mails).

On Apr 04 2009, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 10:23:37PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > Since I use the package regularly and care about it, I would love to see
> > it uploaded to Debian and I plan on taking care of it (it is currently
> > RFA'ed, as said in Bug #176737).
> >
> > I am, thus, looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.2-60.1 of
> > magicfilter.
> >
> > Here is the relevant part of the changelog:
> >
> > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> >  magicfilter (1.2-60.1) unstable; urgency=low
> >  .
> >    * Non-maintainer upload.
>
> If you're planning on adopting the package and becoming the new maintainer,
> then it's not a non-maintainer upload, it's a "new maintainer upload".  You
> can also close the RFA bug.

I would like to start small and then grow on the matter. First a fix
here, just to bring the package up-to-date. Then, becoming its
maintainer. Then, revamping the build system. Then, doing further
updates. And so on.

> Beyond that, not knowing anything about the package or it's surrounding use
> cases, I'm probably not the best person to review it, but if you haven't had
> an upload from someone else by mid next week, ping me and I'll
> review/upload.

Ping. :-)

> Thanks for taking care of an aging package, too...

Since I am a minimalist in software (both by necessity and by
preference), I like smaller packages and I have interest in many other
aging packages that seem to be orphaned or RFA'ed.

As you have seen already, David has agreed to let me be package
maintainer. I will probably become one after the new version migrates to
testing (and I can contact the upstream site to download the newer
releases).

dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/magicfilter/magicfilter_1.2-60.1.dsc

Thanks for your offer to sponsor my package, Rogério Brito.