Re: RFS: lv2core

> Od: Andreas Rottmann <a.rottmann@gmx.at>

Hi,

Thank you for great info it helped a lot, but there was troubles for me.

> If you want to package stuff for Debian, it would be best (or rather
> necessary, I'd say) to do so in a pristine Debian system. You can set up
> a sid chroot easily with the cdebootstrap package (make sure you have
> enough space in the filesystem containing the directory you put the
> chroot in):

cdebootstrap have some issue on ubuntu based distros, debootstrap is fine

> You can additionally use schroot (from the same-name package) to enter
> the chroot without having to gain root privileges. You probably also
> want to bind-mount /home and some other directories inside the chroot so
> you have all your files accessible. For instance, my /etc/fstab
> contains:
>
> proc            /chroots/lenny-i386/proc proc    defaults        0       0
> /home           /chroots/lenny-i386/home none    rbind        0       0
> /tmp            /chroots/lenny-i386/tmp  none    bind        0       0
> /dev            /chroots/lenny-i386/dev  none    rbind        0       0

I've found here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebootstrapChroot

That these if you put lines:

run-setup-scripts=true
run-exec-scripts=true
type=directory

in schroot.conf file you don't need edit /etc/fstab
I tried ... it working.

> Another thing to have a look at is 'pbuilder', which builds packages in
> a temporarily created chroot, re-building the chroot and installing
> build-depended packages automatically on each invocation. This is
> obviously slower, but has the advantage that you get a guaranteed-clean
> build environment. However, in your situation (using a Debian
> derivative), I'd go with a "manual" chroot, as you might be unable to
> install (and hence test!) your built packages on your main system, due
> to dependency issues.

I am using pbuilder for building.

Thank you again this made many things clearer for me.

mira