Re: RFS: pyblock

Hi Miguelangel,

Miguelangel Jose Freitas Loreto wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "pyblock".

I'm not a DD, but my AM will upload the package if/when it's fine, so I've
reviewed it.

You don't need to edit the Makefile in the diff.gz, instead you can remove
COPYING and the dir in the binary-post-install target in debian/rules.

Since you're using python-central, you don't need to build-depend on
python-support (or if you decide to use python-support, remove python-central
from the build-dependencies).

Standards-Version is outdated, 3.8.1 is the latest.

The homepage doesn't really look like a homepage :) but I can't find one...

The binary package should be named python-block (i.e. you prefix the name of the
python module with 'python-', in this case the module is block).

You must build the module for all the supported python versions

A couple of lintian tags:
I: pyblock source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
I: python-pyblock: extended-description-is-probably-too-short

emilio@saturno:~$ python -c 'import block'
dm.c: 1585: not running as root returning empty list
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/block/__init__.py", line 50, in <module>
    from bdevid import bdevid as _bdevid
ImportError: No module named bdevid
emilio@saturno:~$

Looks like we need libbdevid, which is not in Debian...

emilio@saturno:~/tmp/pyblock-0.36$ grep bdevid python-pyblock.spec
BuildRequires: zlib-devel, libbdevid >= 5.1.0
Requires: libbdevid, libbdevid-python, dmraid-libs >= %{dmrver}

In debian/copyright you say the sources are GPL2+, but it looks like they are
"GPL2 | GPL3" to me.

Cheers,
Emilio