Re: Using a pbuilder hook to test install/remove process

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Does it make sense to use a hook to install and remove the package
> [in a ‘pbuilder’ chroot] after it is built? The plus side is this
> would test that the {pre,post}{inst,rm} programs run successfully.
> What are the negatives of this approach?

I've been made aware of ‘piuparts’. Would it make sense to have a hook
to run this command, on the newly-built package, inside the ‘pbuilder’
chroot? How would such a hook program get access to the file name of
the binary package?

--
 \          “I like to reminisce with people I don't know. Granted, it |
  `\                                     takes longer.” —Steven Wright |