Re: RFS: rakarrack

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz
<tiago@debian-ba.org> wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "rakarrack".
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rakarrack/rakarrack_0.3.0-1.dsc

I'm not sponsoring new packages at the moment, but here is a review of
the source package:

Please use the QA redirector for SF.net, see the uscan manual page for syntax.

You should never add Dm-Upload-Allowed yourself, that is for a
long-time sponsor to add when you have shown that you can handle
rakarrack fine. Obviously since this is the first upload it isn't
possible for you to have shown that to a non-existent sponsor.

Your depends line is *completely* wrong. *Never* depend on libraries
by package name, ${shlibs:Depends} should cover that. Obviously the
jackd dependency is fine though.

Please have the description reviewed on debian-l10n-english. As a side
note, since the list of effects will change over time it is better to
remove them since it will result in more work for translators.

s/maintained/debianized/ debian/control

The patch should contain your name instead of just your email address.
Please send the patch upstream if you haven't already. I don't think
the patch warrants adding your name/email to the manual page since it
is a minor fix, upstream may add it to the AUTHORS file or similar
though.

You use debian/compat 5 but depend on debhelper 7, why the
discrepancy? You may want to switch from cdbs to debhelper 7 style
(see rules.tiny/rules.simple) too.

--
bye,
pabs