Re: double slash

Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes@seznam.cz> writes:

> I am building library with four packages.  And I need to spread
> installed files to packages using packagename.install files.
>
> I have a problem here with this. I notice that install process yielding
> files like:
>
> /tmp/buildd/slv2-0.6.2/debian/slv2/usr/include//slv2/pluginclass.h
>
> Can be double slash behind include problem?

As mentioned already, this isn't a problem.  If you were curious why it's
happening, it's generally because upstream has written their makefiles to
install files into:

    $(DESTDIR)/$(prefix)

instead of:

    $(DESTDIR)$(prefix)

I used to write my makefiles that way too.  It's hard to shake the feeling
that there should be a slash in there.