RFS: usbsync

From: Soeren Wellhoefer <soeren.wellhoefer@gmx.net>
To: debian-mentors@lists.debian.org
Subject: RFS: usbsync

Dear Debian enthusiasts, dear mentors,

Gladly contributing to Debian, I am on the lookout for a sponsor for the
following package:

GNU usbsync is a small synchronization utility for portable storage volumes.

It uses a special text file, usually named `.usbsync', which sits in a storage volume's top-level directory and contains user-written synchronization entries as well as options influencing the sync process.

Now, a user has to simply plug his drive in and invoke usbsync at the machine he happens to be at - his chosen data will get synced in the way he specified it for this particular host.

Of course, there are bulky tools like rsync or unision but I have had reports of people telling me that usbsync is mucher easier to handle for their daily and simple synchronization tasks.

Also, having a synchronization file for each volume makes synchronizing files and directories very organized and clean. This adds to the mobility of a user as he can simply plug and sync wherever he goes - so the positive feedback of the test users.

In addition, there are optional features planned like optional compression or a plug&sync daemon.

* Package name    : usbsync
  Version         : 0.1-1
  Upstream Author : Soeren Wellhoefer
* URL             : http://klingspor-thueringen.de/usbsync
* License         : GPL v2
  Section         : utils

It builds these binary packages:
usbsync    - A console-based synchronization utility for storage volumes

The package appears to be lintian clean, except for 3 disputable warnings.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/u/usbsync/usbsync_0.1-1.dsc

Would be cool if anyone could sponsor this package as it really seems to help some people getting in sync with their lives :)

Please CC me on your response, thanks!

Kind regards,
Soeren Wellhoefer

--